Facebook Addiction Risks
Facebook is one of the largest social networking sites on the Internet,
jumping in recent years to rank first in the world in terms of the visitors number members.
All ages and nationalities People joined it for his benefits and great ability to communicate.
Facebook enables users to chat and share information, files, personal photos, videos and comments, in a virtual world.
Facebook also helps to create relationships that were impossible in the past, and revive relationships that were dead,
especially between friends or relatives separated by distances.
Facebook now has more than one billion and 800 million users worldwide.
In 2008, Facebook became the most popular site in Arab world, with more than 100 million subscribers.
Using Facebook gives students skills such as communication, discussion and giving opinions.
This is a very narrow space within the walls of schools, or working life between friends and family.
However, despite the many different benefits that Facebook offers to its users, it also has significant damage to different age groups.
Facebook addiction and risks are summarized as follows:
- Facebook addiction and physical risks: headache, physical inactivity, and many health problems.
- Facebook addiction and psychological risks: a sense of tension when network cuts of, tension, and many other psychological problems.
- Facebook addiction and social risks: conflicts with others, because the written expression is weaker than verbal expression.
A report on the BBC said that Facebook has clearly contributed to raising divorce rates in Britain.
In their divorce briefs, husbands report that they discovered the betrayal of life partner through Facebook.
Researchers at the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Haifa conducted a study on following media to the nutrition.
The study involved about 300 teenage girls between 13 and 20 years old and focused on Internet follow-up habits.
The study concluded that the higher the demand for Facebook, the higher anorexia suffer and desire to follow a “diet” keep up with agility.
Facebook is used for good or evil, as it is in the case of many other means of social communication.
Facebook allows people to put any nickname they choose, add family names to discredit their reputation, steal their accounts, and other malicious acts.
As the youth of today are not to dispense with Facebook, many of them forget his schedules while sitting on the Internet,
Without any balance between necessities and others, many of them became lazy about their studies, which creates a big social gap.
Due to the ease of using Facebook, many people become addicted to using it.
In a study published in The Telegraph on 1 February 2012, “Facebook and Twitter are more addictive than tobacco and alcohol.”
Where the newspaper spoke about the daily desires of each person.
The study found that it is difficult to resist the desire to stay “online” on social networks,
In addition, the levels of desire to stay online was higher than the desire to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes.
- Facebook is a blessing if it is used well, but not everyone uses Facebook is addicted to it; it is a double-edged sword, as any technological progress has its advantages and disadvantages.
- However, we do not consider Facebook as an evil beast can destroy anyone using it, and we do not ask to get rid of it, or to stop developing it, but we warn of the misuse of this modern technology.